Saturday, March 17, 2012

Running for My Life

  • Idea: Run 40 races to celebrate 40 years of life.
  • I have said, on more than one occasion, "I will never be a runner." 
  • Heart issues after chemo lead me to consider running, the efficiency of it being a big factor.
  • My BFF Brenda starts me on the Couch to 5K program.
  • Ran my first 5K and 10K 8 months later.
  • Participated in Ragnar 2011.
  • Facebook status November 27, 2011: I'M A RUNNER!
  • Signed up for the first of my next 40 races 
  • Raising money for Race for the Cure this year to celebrate surviving cancer and chemo 5 years ago!

1 comment:

  1. I love your Say What story... I laughed out loud and the boys wanted to know what was so funny " Oh...Nothing...nothing at all"
    Regarding your post for today: You make women and Mothers want to be better. You keep being your amazing self young lady! So

    ReplyDelete