Tuesday, October 25, 2011

June 21, 2009 "Update"


From time to time I’ll do a quick update on previous posts. Here’s the first.
Let’s Play Doctor – Since that post which was about 2 ½ weeks ago, we’ve only had 5 doctor appointments which include a couple for my mom. She’s getting her teeth fixed by our dentist here, who also happens to be our neighbor. We have 4 doctor appointments scheduled for next week: Parker’s 3 year well child check, Porter’s teeth extraction, a follow-up for my scar “surgery”, and consultation about Porter’s vision (more on that to come).
Technology – I figured out the reason the Parker picture was so small when I first posted it had nothing to do with what I sent from my phone, but how I had chosen the size option on the website. We’ve been without TV for about a week, and I haven’t missed it, AT ALL. I also know that I don’t speak for the rest of the family. The repairman will be here today.
Mommy Wars – I’m still enjoying my time at home. I’m busy all the time, as I was when working, but it’s just a different kind of busy. We’re busy doing nothing sometimes as well.
M-A-Y – I had to say and then correct my name when I was signing the boys up for swim lessons. After I stated my name, the clerk says, “Is that M-A-Y-N-E?” That’s a first, two extra letters. I’m sure it was because the counter was right outside the aerobics room where an instructor was enthusiastically urging her class to keep up with her.
Golden, Lonely, or Eerie? – I ended up writing my blog and reading for class, which I was late for even though it started an hour and half after the normally scheduled time. But it worked out because the Professor was later than I was.
Surgery #13? – My incision is still under wraps. I just hope it’s behaving itself in there. I don’t want an incision on steroids. I didn’t take any pain meds this time around. Besides not liking pain meds, there’s something about feeling that pain that makes you believe that something was accomplished. You know the saying, no pain no gain.
So there you have it! Have I left anything out?

No comments:

Post a Comment