Tuesday, October 25, 2011

October 12, 2009 "Halloween Costumes"

2002blackfoot-21Halloween: a favorite holiday for some, sacrilege for others, parties, candy, and costumes. My mom doesn’t believe in it. The whole idea actually offends her (which in large part has to do with her religion). My in-laws celebrate it with a whole family party, a tradition started eight or so years ago. It’s a fun holiday, not my favorite(Thanksgiving is), but fun none the less (even though Porter has little interest in candy). 
We started family themed costumes when Porter was 2. Here we are, Porter the Patriots football player (he has since defected to the Bengals), Clint the crazed fan (which he truly is) and me the cheerleader (which I never was). The next year we went with Willy Wonka (Clint), Violet Beauregard (me), and our little Oompa Loompa Porter.


blackfoot-5
100_0408100_03711The year before Parker was born it was a law theme. Porter was a motorcycle cop, I was judge, and Clint was the criminal.





The next year Porter was six and had some ideas of his own, though he did before as well. I was just able to sway him to what I wanted. He was into Power Rangers that year, and his favorite color was and still is red. So I incorporated the family theme around him. Parker, a mere 5 months old, became a hotdog. Clint was a chef, I was mustard, and Porter doubled as a red Power Ranger AND ketchup.100_1333100_1332100_1363
The year after that we were going to do a Popeye theme with Clint as Bluto, me as Olive Oyl and Parker as Sweet Pea. That was a crazy month and only Porter’s costume was ready for Halloween. And, just to emphasize how crazy the month was that year, we don’t even have a picture of Porter in his awesome costume.
card-both1

No comments:

Post a Comment