Tuesday, October 25, 2011

May 27, 2009


Who?
I am a 37 year old woman that embraces every facet of my life. I am the mom of 2 beautiful boys, both of whom have a disability. Over 15 years ago I became the wife of a wonderful man who is also a wonderful father to our sons. I am the daughter of exceptional, hardworking and loving parents. I am a sister to two incredible siblings and an aunt to many extraordinary nieces and nephews. I am a friend to people of different ages, genders, sexual orientations, ages, religions, professions, ethnicities, locations, and opinions. For the past 14 years I have been an educator, am currently teaching 7th grade health, and have just begun a program to earn my administrative license. I am biracial, my mother is Korean and my father Caucasian. I’m a fighter and survivor of breast cancer. I am an optimist!
Why?
I have had 2 blogs before this one. My first blog, found on caringbridge.org, was an account of my battle with breast cancer. The second blog I did for ithinkpink.org after being the first Think Pink for Life honoree. I have since had some followers of my previous blogs mention to me that they miss reading my posts, though I definitely don’t miss the reason for writing my previous blogs. Others have even suggested that I write a book, which I am sure has more to do with my life’s experiences than it does with my writing ability.
At first I was happy to stop writing, because it meant that the reason I wrote was no longer an issue. But enough time has passed since then that I now realize I miss it. Though my battle with breast cancer was the main focus of my previous blogs, it won’t be the only content for this blog. Topics will vary, and most likely include everything from parenting children with disabilities, to teaching middle school, to general experiences and observations on living a life worth celebrating.
How?
This blog will be so much better with your support, which can be given in many different ways. You can visit the site to read new posts, which I hope to be able to write quite regularly. You can leave comments of your thoughts and ideas regarding any of the posts, let me know what you think! You could also help spread the word about this blog by telling anyone you know who may be interested in reading about why and how I celebrate the challenges in my life.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment